Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How do I 'tone' my bleached hair?

I have almost platnum blonde hair.. or I'd like to think so :P



What is TONING your hair? and how do I do it? here is a picture of my hair. It's not spotty orange or anything, but I've looked through hair pictures and some says 'bleached and tone'. And I would like my hair to bee perfectly bleached



picture: http://a471.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/ima...



and how would I keep it perfectly healthy?? it's a little fried haha



How do I 'tone' my bleached hair?

Toner is a product you use after bleaching, to help even out and soften the hair colour. It's normally a purple-blue-ish colour (but you can get other bases). Leave in for 10-15 mins and rinse.



To keep your hair healthy, I'd recommend using a treatment on a regular basis (twice a week? instead of conditioner).



OK, so I just looked at the pic.... maybe use treatment instead of conditioner every day for two weeks. Hopefully this will help - that's what the hairdressers told me to do last time I bleached out my hair and dyed it bright red.



P.s. Loving those piercings, girl!



How do I 'tone' my bleached hair?

when you put a toner on your hair it's just color so therefore it won't be bleach platnium blonde. yes........ your hair is pretty fried and unhealthy looking that's all bleach is good for is damaging hair. i think you need to not bleach your hair and go for your natural hair color and just add some highlights to it. looks way better and less damaging to your hair.



bleaching your hair you'll have to do touch-ups every 2 weeks with the regrowth which is very unattractive.



try to go natural which will look better with your dark eyes and eyebrows. please lose the fake eye lashes. they look so obvious on you good luck.



How do I 'tone' my bleached hair?

bleached hair doesn't mean unhealthy hair. i have been bleaching my hair for a long time, and my hair is very healthy; it's shiny, bouncy, and grows more than the average 1/2 inch per month. being a licensed cosmetologist, i do take very good care of my hair. proper use of shampoos and conditioners are a must. bleached hair needs tlc; extra moisture and added protein is a good idea, even for finer hair. i switch off between matrix blonde shampoo, regis silver shine shampoo (a purple shampoo meant to ward off the brassiness), and regis vivid satin shampoo, and the only rinse out conditioner i use on a regular basis is regis vivid satin. i use a leave in every day though, switching off between biolage hydraseal (moisture) and redken antisnap (protein). defintely use thermal protectants when you style your hair and a good deep conditioner (i recommend heavy cream by redken) is a good idea once or twice a week. as for toning, you don't need it. your hair isn't brassy, and that is what toning is for. i never tone my hair; bleaching is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment