Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I need pictures of 40's hairstyles for long hair 4 my wedding?

My fiance decided on pin strip suits for the wedding. So I decided that all the girls and me will do our hair styles 40's 50's styles. But I am having a hard time finding one for my self. I have really long hair. Can any one help by giving me a good site with pictures?



I need pictures of 40's hairstyles for long hair 4 my wedding?

this site has lots of pics



Rolls



Hair rolls are what most people think of when they think of vintage 1940s hair-dos. If you have at least shoulder length hair, you can do rolls! Give it a shot - it takes a bit of time to dry your hair once it's in curlers, so leave yourself plenty of time between starting your hair and walking out the door, or invest in a bonnet dryer from a beauty supply store or thrift shop.



PINCURLS



Pincurls are the basis for almost every 40's style - even if you put the front of your hair in rolls, you still want to make sure the back of your head is as pretty as the front. They're not hard to do, and once you have the hang of it, you can sit on the sofa and twist your locks up into pincurls without even looking in a mirror.



Pin-Curl How-To



Right %26amp; Wrong Way to Make Pincurls



New Setting for Pincurls, Part 1



New Setting for Pincurls, Part 2



Vertical Waves Step-By-Step



FINGERWAVES



Finally! How long have I been promising fingerwaves? With the purchase of a couple of salon books, I finally have a little bit of information on how to do fingerwaves, in a way that helps describe how to do them. More to come, but for the time being, see how this works for you...



Fingerwaves, Part 1



Fingerwaves, Part 2



Fingerwaves, Part 3



DO-RAGS



Do-rags started off as a way to cover up your pincurl pins when you absolutely had to leave the house while your hair was drying. Once gals hit the workforce, the bandana became a necessary method of keeping their locks out of the machinery. But if you're looking for a tidy and easy way to put your hair up in a more casual fashion without fussing, this will do the trick.



RAG CURLERS



Want ringlets but don't want to deal with the pins? Want the effect of curlers without having to sleep on them? Give rag curlers a try! For those of you with curly hair, rag curlers can tame your wild locks, and for those with straight hair, you'll get a head-full of curls!



CHOOSING A STYLE TO FLATTER YOUR FACE



Long and thin, or short and full - choose a style to flatter your particular face shape



I need pictures of 40's hairstyles for long hair 4 my wedding?

This website has a ton of resources!



http://www.fashion-era.com/index.htm



Congrats on your wedding ~ Elle



I need pictures of 40's hairstyles for long hair 4 my wedding?

Red!



Why not do you hair like Priscilla PResley wore hers when she married ELvis!!!!!!



I need pictures of 40's hairstyles for long hair 4 my wedding?

If you go to google and do an advanced search so it'll turn up only your exact phrase, you should be able to find someting. I can't personally recommend a site, but if you don't find a site, then maybe you should go see a hairstylist, or just search time period photos. You're sure to find something there.

No comments:

Post a Comment